x
"When you open your mind and hands and heart to the knowing of a thing, there is no room in you for fear"

--Patricia McKillip, The Riddle-Master of Hed


I am going to start filtering some of my more private musings. Since blogger does not have a tool for that, you will need to visit my Live Journal and ask to be friended there. I will continue to post Daily Gratitude and other subjects here.

There is also a FAQ for my Journal at the same link.


NaNo wrap up, Part 1
Monday, December 04, 2006 @ 07:43

I'll have more to say in another few days about the process of writing the first draft of a novel in a month (and 54% of it in four days!). For now, I'm still getting over the last bit of this nasty cold and trying to restore some sort of order to the house -- oh, and catch up on the SWLAE & my other duties that fell by the wayside -- and sleeping!

I figured if I could post an excerpt on the NaNoWriMo site, I could post it here -- though I may decide to delete it at some point, since this was the first draft, not a finished piece of writing.

Thank you to everyone who posted encouragement in my comments (esp the last few days of frenzied writing) and who gave them to me via e-mail or in person. It really helped to know so many people believed in me.
Untitled

Chapter One


The coffee shop was unusually quiet that Thursday afternoon. Vi had made something of a ritual of stopping in for a hot chocolate and muffin once her work week ended. The advantage of part-time work for her was that the week ended at two on Thursday afternoon. Not that she didnt have plenty of freelance writing projects to work on once she got home. But that was what the three-day weekends were designed for.

Instead of getting her order right away, Vi walked over to the bulletin board and tried to find a space big enough for the flier in her portfolio. She had to reaarange a few gaps to create one large enough to display her simple page without covering anyone elses message. Once the space was cleared, she pulled out the letter-sized page, gave a silent blessing, and pinned it to the cork board. Only then did she walk to the counter to place her order.

~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Thirty-One
(the last paragraph only)


Violet held the sealed envelope by the tips of her forefinger and thumb and watched as it caught a spark. She let it flame until it almost burned her hand and released it with a loud yet melodic shout to life!

Comments: Post a Comment


D M's Journal

Return to
D M's Realm


"NaNo wrap up, Part 1"
Archive Index

Our Other Journals
D M's Spirituality
slave boy's journal

Our Business
DieCast Poetry Productions

Daily Reads
Edgeliving
Mistress Blair
danae whispering
girl fag
SingleTails

My Wishlist
Amazon.com


©2001-2005, D M -- all rights reserved under international copyright laws.


page content & design by D M